[March 3, 2023] NN4Y was honored to host our ninth annual Federal Agency Roundtable Discussion at the Hyatt on Capitol Hill. Our federal agency partners joined us to discuss the importance of advancing a multi-system strategy to prevent and end youth and young adult homelessness. This discussion kicks off our federal advocacy agenda each year and allows us to measure impact by what federal agencies are doing to improve their policies and grant administration to improve outcomes for young people.
The following federal agency staff joined our discussion:
- Dr. Sanzanna Dean, Director of the Division of RHY, Family and Youth Services Bureau, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Dr. Kortne Edogun-Ticey, Senior Advisor, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, U.S. Department of Education (ED)
- Ricco Hall, Program Manager, Office of Juvenile Justice Delinquency Prevention, U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Jennifer Kemp, Director of Youth Services, U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
- Claudette Fernandez, General Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Community Planning and Development, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Erika Jones-Haskins, Policy Director, U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH)
As part of this annual discussion, each federal agency makes at least one commitment of what they will do to advance progress on preventing and ending youth and young adult homelessness. Read the commitments each agency made here.