FULL-TIME POSITION OPEN
This vacancy does not have a closing date and applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
The National Network for Youth (NN4Y) is recruiting a full-time Administrative Coordinator who will be responsible for administrative support to our team while working remotely. This person will work from home and handle administrative projects, provide superior customer service, and deliver high-quality work under minimum supervision.
The Coordinator is the core support role for all events and activities at NN4Y. They are public-facing professionals invested in the nonprofit community with strong communication skills, work ethic, and can-do attitude. The Coordinator is both excited to be stretched with new tasks and challenges, while maintaining a philosophy that all tasks are important to be done well, no matter how seemingly small.
- Oversee event-related administrative duties, particularly as they relate to NN4Y National Summit and NYAC Retreat. This may include:
- Serve as liaison for hotel and other vendors for the National Summit event
- Work closely with lead staff members to support programmatic efforts
- Secure vendor quotes for various projects per the purchasing guidelines
- Monitor contract deadlines and send reminders to key staff
- Conduct bill review and submit final bills to the Executive Director for approval and payment
- Coordinate and print badges and create registration packets for the National Summit
- Oversee the pre-event registration process (responding to registration calls and emails, payment processing, managing purchase order requests, managing requests for certificates of attendance/participation, managing receipt requests, troubleshooting technical issues, and creating registration reports, etc.)
- Oversee the onsite registration process (set up the registration area, identify the registration volunteers, process onsite payments, distribute registration packets, answer questions, etc.)
- Conduct room checks onsite during the National Summit to ensure that all AV is in place and ready for sessions.
- Serve as the liaison for the travel vendor to book travel itineraries for youth advisory members and NN4Y staff
- Setup the hotel reservations for NN4Y staff and youth advisors during the National Summit event
- Coordinate deliveries and event area setup and breakdowns with the hotel
- Oversee volunteer coordination for the National Summit event
- Maintain and organize vendor receipts for financial audits
- Assist with creating event reports for board and planning meetings
- Being on-site during the events.
- Booking travel and accommodations.
- Administrative finance duties, including invoicing, assisting with check requests, recording checks, and reconciliations.
- Manage the administrative aspects of NN4Y’s membership program.
- Garner a working understanding of the most frequently asked questions and the tools and resources available. When a caller needs additional services, guide the introduction to appropriate staff through email introductions and meeting schedule.
- In coordination with the Executive Director, assist in managing the internship program, including orientation, training, scheduling, and project assignments.
- Attend conferences and meetings as may be needed to provide general administrative assistance to supervisors for committee and program assignments. These can range from taking minutes and preparing reports, answering member/attendee inquiries to resolving minor problems.
The successful candidate will bring a positive disposition, an eagerness to learn, and a willingness to take ownership of tasks both big and small. They will have exceptional verbal and written communication skills–able to draft and review professional correspondence, manage telephone calls, and complete a broad range of administrative tasks. The Coordinator will bring familiarity with basic office technology and confidence in their ability to learn what they do not already know. A keen attention to detail, strong work ethic, and unwavering commitment to ethical behavior is required. The ideal candidate will bring an awareness of how nonprofits operate.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time salaried position with a salary range of $50,000 to $55,000. NN4Y offers a benefits package, including a monthly employee health insurance payment, the opportunity to participate in a 401k with an up to 5% employer match, and Personal Time Off hours available in the first 90 days of employment. This role will include opportunities for professional development and growth.
COMMITMENT TO DEI
We strive to make NN4Y a thriving and equitable organization for our staff, board, and volunteers. To that end, we seek to build a culture of transparency, trust, mutual support, and accountability to principles of equity and inclusion. We accept that our commitment to DEI means a dedication to constant learning—we will make mistakes, but we are determined to learn from them and improve. We will review our actions and practices related to these policies and report back to our staff, board, and community to hold ourselves accountable to our DEI goals.
ABOUT NATIONAL NETWORK FOR YOUTH
The National Network for Youth (NN4Y) is a national non-partisan public education and advocacy organization dedicated to preventing and ending youth and young adult homelessness and trafficking.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.