Since 1974, the National Network for Youth (NN4Y) has pursued inclusive and collaborative solutions to youth homelessness in America. Today, we uphold that mission by announcing the expansion of our National Youth Advisory Council (NYAC)!
We need your help in identifying formerly homeless young leaders, who are passionate about using their voice to create change in policy, practice and public knowledge to ensure that every young person has a place to call home.
Founded in 2014, the NYAC complements our belief in the value of lived experience. Their personal experiences of homelessness make them experts whose insights and recommendations have the power to change national narratives and effect real change in our work to effectively address youth homelessness in America. Through the generous support of the Oak Foundation, we are now able to engage more youth in this critical work.
Members of the National Youth Advisory Council will have the amazing opportunity to collaborate with other young leaders, policymakers, service providers, advocates and community officials to craft policy solutions that will enable local communities and the nation to more effectively and expansively prevent and end youth homelessness. Accepted applicants will participate in:
- NYAC’s Fall Retreat on September 6-8, 2016;
- NN4Y’s annual National Summit on Youth Homeless on March 13-15, 2017, in Washington, DC;
- Regular in-person and online collaborative work with other NN4Y Youth Advisors;
- Quarterly webinars and trainings; and
- Advocate for policy solutions through private meetings, public events and conferences.
Do you know a formerly homeless young leader who is:
- Passionate about ensuring all youth have a safe place to call home?
- Courageous enough to speak up and offer their expertise and ideas to affect positive and lasting change?
- Passionate about public policy and willing to advocate before elected officials and other leaders?
- Willing to use their life experiences to empower others and collaborate with other young passionate leaders to be the change they want to see?
If you are a member of the National Network for Youth, nominate someone today!
Applications are now being accepted online. Completed applications must be submitted by midnight Friday, July 15, 2016.
For more information, we will be hosting a Youth Voices Matter: NN4Y is Expanding Partnerships with Young Leaders webinar Thursday, July 23, 2016 from 3:00 – 4:00PM EST.
Join us for this webinar to learn more about our National Youth Advisory Council and how you can join the movement to change policies, promote solutions and educate decision makers about the urgent and unique needs of young people experiencing homelessness. You will also have an opportunity to hear firsthand experiences of current Youth Advisors. Register today!
Please direct any additional questions regarding the National Youth Advisory Council to Yorri Berry-Harris, our Director of Youth Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.783.7949. Visit us online to learn more!