This is a job description for a part-time six month position.
The National Network for Youth (NN4Y), a national non-partisan public education and advocacy organization, is seeking a talented individual as a temporary part-time Public Policy Associate to assist in developing and implementing public education campaigns and policy advocacy strategies related to runaway and homeless youth.
Law degree or Masters in Public Policy, legislative or policy development experience, outstanding written and verbal communication skills including experience researching and drafting reports on public policy issues, organizational and time management skills, initiative, and the ability to meet deadlines. This position is located in Washington, DC.
Law degree or Masters in Public Policy and proven ability in written and oral communications. Must be available to work 20 hours per week for 6 months.
Email cover letter, resume, three references and a writing sample to Darla Bardine at email@example.com by June 13, 2014 with the email subject line of “Public Policy Associate.”
Work may be done in the home of the Public Policy Associate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct legal and policy research on topics related to runaway and homeless youth.
- Draft reports and policy recommendations related to runaway and homeless youth.
Other Duties and Responsibilities as Assigned:
- Assist in developing and implementing legislative and policy strategies.
- Represent NN4Y at meetings, forums and other events.
- Assist in implementing media outreach.
- Coordinate with pro bono partners, advocates, community partners and other stakeholders.
- Prepare and present programmatic goals, plan of implementation and policy. recommendations to appropriate stakeholders and the public.
Commensurate with experience.