NOVEMBER IS NATIONAL RUNAWAY PREVENTION MONTH (NRPM)
November is National Runaway Prevention Month (NRPM). The National Network for Youth (NN4Y), in partnership with the National Runaway Switchboard and several other national organizations, is sponsoring a month of activities with the following goals:
1. to raise awareness of the issues facing runaway youth; and
2. to educate the public about solutions and the role they can play in preventing youth from running.
Task Force objectives are as follows:
– develop and implement NRPM Day of Action nationwide via social media.
– work with local building management companies to secure lighting a building or landmark green for NRPM to raise visability and media attention in November.
– increase the number of e-Campaigns by 15% within other organizations to help raise awareness and link back to www.1800RUNAWAY.org during November.
– distribute 100 NRPM in Box toolkits to national and grassroots organization in an effort to raise awareness in new communities.
– develop and implement NRPM activities throughout the entire month to raise visibility and awareness.
The National Runaway Prevention Month Task Force will be hosting a series of webinars on what you can do to raise awareness of NRPM in your area. Future eblasts will contain more information on how you can get involved and increase awareness in your community.
In the meanwhile remember to mark November 2011 as National Runaway Prevention Month in your community. The 2011 theme is “Making the Connection”.