National Network for Youth honored VIRGIN MOBILE with the Golden Pen Award in addition to recognizing REPRESENTATIVE RUBEN HINOJOSA and XM RADIO as Champions of Runaway and Homeless Youth at the “Champions of Youth” dinner at the National Network for Youth’s annual Symposium 2008: A Blueprint for the Future, on Tuesday, January 29, 2008, at 6:30PM at The Omni Shoreham Hotel, 2500 Calvert St, NW, Washington, DC. Also honored were:
- Lifetime Achievement Award- Mitch Weynand, LifeWorks, Austin, TX
- Executive Leadership Award of Excellence – Jim Braun, Youth in Need, St. Louis
- Agency of the Year Award- Green Chimneys- New York
- Advocacy Spirit Award- Dee Richter – Florida Network of Youth Services, FL.
- Youth Worker of the Year – Nidia Escobar- Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles
- Youth Worker of the Year- Shari McPeek – Family Resources, Inc., Pinellas County, FL.